Makeup I Regret NOT Buying

20:45

(Photo Credit: Dempeaux.com, foxyvoxy.com and Glambot.com)

You will often hear YouTubers and bloggers talk about products they regret buying. Whether it be a great ad, a friend's great recommendation or a well-produced review video, if you are the type of person who enjoys buying makeup and practically collecting like myself, you're going to come across products that make you think "Why the heck did I buy this?". I myself have made a few videos on the topic. 

Something I have never shared, though, is the products I regret not buying. I have personally been following the beauty community for about 8-9 years now, starting in my early preteen years. Over this time I have seen many products be discontinued, sell-out or move past their limited edition window and because of price point, the lack of a credit card at the time, or simply not jumping on the bandwagon fast enough I end up not purchasing them. For most products, after a couple of weeks, I never think again about the "missed opportunity" but for a slight few, I have searched high and low and still think about them years later. For some, it is to the point that I have considered spending 10x the original price for them on eBay. Here's my list of my products I regret not buying.


(Photo Credit: Dempeaux.com)

#1. Urban Decay Alice In Wonderland Book of Shadows Palette (LE January 2010)

I remember all of the excitement surrounding this palette when it first came out. I remember watching every review, swatch and tutorial video on it that was released by my favorite beauty gurus on Youtube. This palette was absolute perfection in every way back then and even now I have to say it is an extremely gorgeous palette. The artwork, packaging, and the product all look amazing. I remember it being the first high-end beauty product I ever truly wanted with a passion. At the time I remember begging my parents for this palette (as I was still in my early teens/pre-teens), even offering to give up months of allowance and chore money for it. But they were still trying to wrap their heads around online shopping themselves, and the idea of their teenage daughter needing a makeup product that was over $20 (let alone the over $60 price tag it came with) was absurd to them. They didn't understand the reasoning behind high-end makeup as a whole and to be honest, even after witnessing the true addiction I've had for it the last 8-9 years they still don't really understand it. Happier that they are no longer the ones being asked to foot the bill, but still not really understanding why I would. So trying to justify the whole high-end beauty industry to get the palette I wanted so a bit too much for little barely teenage me. For years after this palette was released, I scoured the internet high and low for it (especially after I got my own visa debit and discovered Pay Pal). Even as recently as 2014, I was still putting out feelers for the opportunity to buy this palette new or even used. I have come to the point now (almost 7 years after the palette was released) that I can honestly say I don't feel like I need this palette anymore. There are many other palettes out now with similar colors and I'm not as adventurous with my eyeshadow color selection as I once was. But for a long time, this was at the top of my list.

(Photo Credit: foxyvoxy.com)

#2. MAC Gel Blush in Just A Pinch (LE April 2009)

This was the first and last gel blush I have seen MAC release, which I find to be a little odd from all of the amazing reviews I heard about it at the time. This was released back at the beginning of my makeup obsession days in 2009 as a part of the A Rose Romance collection. MAC releases different limited edition collections every couple of months and they only stick around for about a month at a time or until the products sell out. Every big Youtuber and blogger at the time were doing reviews and hauls featuring this blush, I specifically remember seeing videos from JuicyStar07 and AllThatGlitters21 talking about it. At the time I completely passed over it, seeing it as nothing special. It wasn't until a couple years later (when I was rewatching an old video) that this product was brought back to my attention. It was basically a gel blush stain in a beautiful red color that gave a natural flush to the cheeks. It was basically a solid, easier to blend out Benetint. I remember scouring the internet once again trying to find it, it wasn't even being sold on eBay for a ridiculous price. It was legitimately nowhere to be found anymore. I still to this day wish they would rerelease this or even the gel blush formula in a different color. I would snap that up like nobody's business.


(Photo Credit: lookfantastic.com)

#3. Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Good to Go and Ms. Behavin (Discontinued 2013)

I remember after the Twilight movie came out in 2008, some of the beauty gurus I was watching at the time started raving about these lipsticks because these were the ones used on the actors in the movie. I paid zero attention to it at the time because "I hated twilight", not so much because I'd watched the movie or read the books to form my own opinion on them but because the young teenage boys at my school hated twilight, therefore I hated it (teenage girls, what can you do). A few years later, in 2013, I was watching the movie with a friend a realized I absolutely loved the lip color on actors and actresses in the movie. I had remembered seeing it mentioned in a video so I went back and rewatched it to find the exact color, only to find out that the whole line of lipsticks had been discontinued just a few months back. I am still to this day trying to find great dupes of them.


(Photo Credit: scrangie.storenvy.com)

#4. MAC Eyeshadow in Grand Entrance (LE July 2008)

Grand Entrance is probably one of MAC's most talked about Limited Edition shades to date. It is a beautiful silvery-white shade with pinky peach undertones. These are the type of lid shades I am absolutely in love with and sadly because I was just edging my way into the beauty community at the time, it was never something I even considered purchasing. I assumed at the time that it was just another raved about shadow from a limited edition collection (the Starflash to be exact). I figured another shade would come out in a few months that was just as beautiful and had just as much hype around it (boy, was I wrong). Although over the years there have been many "dupes" for this shade (including Stila Kitten, Urban Decay Sin and MAC All That Glitters), even those that have all four will often tell you, and have told me themselves, that there's something about Grand Entrance that makes it slightly different than the rest. I can't be the only one that's contemplated writing MAC and begging them to rerelease this collection, or at the very least this shade. Come on, it's been long enough hasn't it? I'm still crossing my fingers for MAC to surprise us on the 10 year anniversary of its release.

I hope you all of enjoyed hearing some of my biggest regrets when it comes to not purchasing makeup. Are there any products you wish you could go back in time and purchase? If so, tell me down in the comments below.

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments