My Christmas Wishlist 2016

21:53





Let's face it, this Christmas I'm going to be 7 months pregnant. I'm not exactly wanting much this year other than a few chances to nap and maybe a scatter breakfast in bed that I wouldn't have to make or clean up after. But apparently, a good nap isn't exactly acceptable to the family members asking what I've got my eye on this year. I thought I would share with you all some of the top items on my wishlist this year. I hope this is helpful to those of you like myself who always end up responding to the question of what to get me with "I don't need anything."



#1. Foam Reading Back Support Pillow

Although I'm not a huge reader, this support pillow is on the top of my wishlist this year. Being a work at home mom, I spend a lot of time sitting on my laptop in all sorts of different areas around the house. Spending so much time sitting up straight can really put a strain on your back, especially in your late second and third trimester of pregnancy. This pillow seems like a great way to support my back and stay extra comfortable while on my computer. As an added bonus, I can see this being a great asset while nursing to help with back pain.

Pillow from LinenSpa: http://amzn.to/2g9WFOa (Photo Credit: LinenSpa)



#2. Bravdo Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra

At this point in pregnancy, regular bras a just not an option anymore. Between swollen breasts and an expanding ribcage, even the thought of wearing a standard underwire bra makes me cringe. Although this might seem like a boring basic, to me this bra would actually be a great gift to receive. This bra line specifically is one of the most praised for their fit and quality when it comes to nursing bras. On the other hand, this quality does come with a price tag to match (an average of $50-$80 CAD a bra) and I could never imagine spending so much on a bra for myself. I would much rather have quality nursing bras over maternity bras because I can get a lot more use from them. With a maternity bra, I would wear it for the next, 3 months whereas a nursing bra I can wear now and also through the (hopefully smooth) nursing journey I have ahead of me.

http://amzn.to/2h8Xj0e (Photo Credit: Bravado)


#3. Mr.Coffee Mug Warmer

I feel like this could be a perfect no-brainer gift for any mom. It's a little miniature hot plate which you can use to reheat your coffee, tea or hot beverage of choice. It heats up your caffeine easily and evenly. To me, this is absolutely brilliant for those days you have to reheat that same mug 4-5 times before you finally finish it (we've all been there moms). It's also one of the most affordable items on my list coming in at only $15 CAD!

http://amzn.to/2h4n8KP (Photo Credit: Mr.Coffee)



#4. A New (CUTE) Duffle Bag

I can't be the only one that's still using their old Nike duffle bag they got about 10 years ago. As an infrequent gym go-er, I rarely dig out my duffle bag unless I'm in dire need of an extra piece of luggage for a trip. Because of this, I've never really thought about replacing it. That is until about a month ago when I started planning out what I'm going to need at the hospital with Baby #2. At that point, I finally looked at my faded, old pink Nike bag (more pinkish-grey at this point) and realized I really need a new one. I thought this print was cute and was at a great price point but honestly, anything that's isn't a different colour than when it was originally purchased will make me happy.

World Traveler 22-Inch Duffle Bag http://amzn.to/2g9XlTK (Photo Credit: World Traveler)



#5. OSTER MyBlend Single Serve Blender

This is another item that might seem fairly boring to some people but to me, this seems like an awesome idea. You can fill your smoothie bottle up with your ice, fruits, veggies, milk or protein powder, screw it right into the base and blend it on up. It's as simple as that! You can also easily purchase extra bottles so you don't have to worry about hand washing the bottle if you want to make multiple smoothies in one day. This is something I think I will find particularly useful after our next baby is born. When Audrey was first born, I would go all day without eating because I was so pre-occupied. With two kids, I know it's going to be double to chaos even with my husband's help. I feel like a nifty little device like this would really give me an easy solution to at least get some nutrients in, especially in those first few sleep-deprived weeks.

http://amzn.to/2gF5Reg (Photo Credit: Oster)


What about you? What are you asking or hoping for this year?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

0 comments